30 Easy Toddler Activities for Indoor and Outdoor Fun
Keeping your toddler busy all day can be a challenge, particularly when life forces you to stay home. Toddlers are full of energy, after all. They are inquisitive, rambunctious, and need constant stimulation. But whether the weather has you stuck indoors or you're looking to leave the house, the good news is there are dozens of fun and easy toddler activities you can do with your little love bug.
Below are our favorite kids' activities for both indoor and outdoor fun.
Outdoor Toddler Activities
When the weather is nice, it's the perfect time to play outside. The fresh air and sunshine—or even splashing in puddles in the rain—are great ways to have a change of scenery. Here are some outdoor toddler activities guaranteed to bring a smile to their faces.
- RELATED: 18 Fun Outdoor Games for Kids
Indoor Toddler Activities
Playing dress up for the one thousandth time in a week is going to lose its appeal fast. Indoor toddler activities don't need to be complicated or boring. Have some fun without feeling stressed by trying some of the ideas below.
- Hand over a doll and encourage your child to hold, talk, dress, and take care of it
- Do a puzzle
- Read a book
- Have a dance party
- Print some free coloring pages and color away
- Play with blocks
- Watch a movie
- Make a cardboard box train, boat, car, or house
- Set up an indoor bowling alley, complete with paper towel tube pins
- Create—and keep—a sensory bin, one which your child can use on rainy days
- RELATED: How to Keep Kids Entertained at Home
Family Activities to Do at Home
Being physically present for our kids is essential. As long as everyone is in good health, you can sit together, give hugs, and bond as a family. Set aside time to do things together and be fully engaged will help all of you feel intentionally connected (yes, even little ones!).
- Hide a toy somewhere in the house, and ask your child to find it; explore with them using cues like "warmer" and "colder" as guides
- Clean together (my kids always loved mopping!)
- Play "Red Light, Green Light"
- Make Play Dough
- Do YouTube exercise activities, like this one
- Prepare a meal together
- Bake dessert
- Take a walk
- Go on a hike
- Visit the library or a children's museum
- Do a scavenger hunt (This one is super simple!)